Join us in celebrating the IWD this year with a series of photographs of women’s protests from around the world!
Buy a copy of “Unlearning the Ordinary: through a lens for the commons” book on Blurb.
See recordings from the four-day HER|visual|STORY Digital Photography Festival
If you would like your story to be featured, please contact us:
1. A selection of 5 to 10 relevant images from your project (please send with WeTransfer).
2. Write a 200-500 word narrative about your story.
3. Write your artist statement or a short biography.
4. Send all the above files to info(at)femlens.com
1. Write a story or an article for our blog, or We See magazine
2. Write your short biography
3. Send all of the above to info(at)femlens.com
Teachersrise educational project for teachers and trainers. Register for femLENS documentary photography workshops here.
Are you interested in supporting femLENS?
There are a few ways you can support us:
1. Help us spread the word about our mission and our workshops. We would really appreciate it if you could share a post on Instagram and Facebook at least once per week, stating why you believe in the mission of our organisation. You could also share the provided templates and/or content.
2. We want to encourage you to take part in a collective photo project. Be our eyes and ears. Make a documentary photo story about the social issues in your community (or a present situation in your life), and we will help you to raise awareness about them. Let’s spread the word together and increase women’s vision in the media.
3. Organise a photo exhibition. A photo exhibition can be organised in any location: in an office, in a local cafe, on a street wall, under a bridge, on a fence, etc.
If you’re interested, please email us at info(at)femlens.com and we can speak about the details.
Check our Ambassador Pack to see detailed instructions and support materials.
femLENS is a non-profit volunteer driven association.
We receive support in different forms, through individual donations, sponsorships, fundraising events (bake sales and auction nights) and grants. All resources go towards organising workshops, exhibitions and promotion events.
Any contribution, small or large, is welcome! Thank you for your donation.