CORE VALUES TO ACHIEVE FEMLENS’ MISSION
EDUCATION – Seek to expand educational opportunities for women.
ENCOURAGE LIFE-LONG LEARNING – Teaching a skill which can be applied in another area with further development encourages self-learning and life long development.
COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT – Educate women who will contribute to the empowerment of their communities.
INCLUSION/DIVERSITY – Working with women from all backgrounds.
TELL VISUAL STORIES – Visual storytelling is a therapeutic form providing tools for self expression, healing and further interpersonal growth and development through self-reflection.
DIVERSITY OF VISIONS – Provide a multiplicity of visual voices in the media and arts.
1. Be the leading photographic educational resource for women from communities with limited resources
Practical and comprehensive photography workshops for beginners from different backgrounds
2. Contribute to the global work that is already being done to include women into photography and for people to start telling their own stories
Promote women’s projects through publications and events
3. Engage with traditional media to diversify the content providers
Work with media institutions to promote the work of the students
4. Encourage students to continue independent practice and share their knowledge and experience
5. Provide social media training and encourage further self-expression and engagement with the audience to inspire change
GENDER EQUALITY – Promote participation of women in leadership in society, community, and specifically media and arts.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION – Provide access to education to women from communities with limited resources to diversify the media and arts.
HUMAN RIGHTS – The educational efforts aim to reach women in communities with limited resources to improve their access to education taking into account the significant social, cultural, economic and structural obstacles.